"...what you write in the newspapers has no comparison at all with the power of stage communication. In the newspapers, it all disappears in some maddening crowd, in the mass daily production of gigantic amounts of texts, which are mostly skimmed. And here we are, face to face, only the stage and you, the viewer. And you have to listen or leave, which is not easy. So you listen. So I'm not underestimating you, I'm not disrespecting you, but if I already have this time that you're going to listen to these stories, these words, I want to tell you something that has some meaning, something real. That' s what I think."
Interview with the author, "Dialog" 12/2008
A playwright, winner of many literary and journalistic awards.
- He was born on the Polish-Ukrainian borderland in Hrubieszów.
- He spent his childhood on the Polish-Ukrainian-Slovakian borderlands.
- A graduate of Polish philology at the Jagiellonian University and a teacher's programme with a specialisation in music education. He was awarded a PhD in literature studies.
- In his youth he was a punk, songwriter and singer.
- He debuted in 1988 with a short story published in "Na Przełaj".
- In 1989 he started working as a journalist - he wrote for the local press, but also for Rzeczpospolita, Odra, Tygodnik Powszechny and Gazeta Wyborcza - Duży Format.
- Author of poems and songs.
- His first book was a collection of reportages from Belarus, titled "Kołchoz im. Adama Mickiewicza (Adam Mickiewicz's Kolchoz".
- For several years he belonged to the Heliotrop amateur theatre in Bielsko-Biała.
- Currently, he works as the editor-in-chief and the only journalist of the university newspaper "Akademia" at the Technical and Humanities Academy in Bielsko-Biała and conducts journalistic classes for young people.
- He writes columns for "Mój przyjaciel pies (My friend the dog)" magazine.
- He conducts classes with people with disabilities in "Grodzki Theatre" association.
- He runs the Tekst Theatre, focused on reading dramas.
- In 2006, he won a competition for writing a play about Bielsko-Biała announced by Teatr Polski in Bielsko-Biała.
- In 2006, he received a scholarship from the Silesian Marshal's Office for writing a book entitled Theodor Sixt's Last Will and Testament (the book is waiting to be published).
- In 2006 he received the Mayor of Bielsko-Biała Award "Icarus" in the field of culture and art for special achievements (for the play Theodor Sixt's Last Will and Testament).
- In 2008, for Scena Prapremier "InVitro" he wrote the triptych Nothing human.
- In 2008, he wrote especially for the Polish Theatre in Bielsko-Biała a play entitled "The Jew", which was staged by Robert Talarczyk. (The play "Jew" is a direct result of workshops conducted by the Drama Laboratory of Tadeusz Słobodzianek).
- In 2008, for the Baltic Drama Theatre in Koszalin, together with director Piotr Ratajczak and actors, he wrote a play entitled Wodzirej. Koszalin Kulturkampf, inspired by "Wodzirej" by Feliks Falk.
- In 2008, together with Magda Fertacz and Paweł Passini, he wrote a screenplay entitled Hamlet '44.
- In Dialogue No. 12/2008r his play Our Father was published and a conversation with the author entitled "All my children I love equally".
- In 2009, he wrote a play Tourists for the Polish Theatre in Bydgoszcz.
- In 2009, he wrote All kinds of Death inspired by Hermann Hesse's "Siddartha", staged at the Łaźnia Theatre in Nowa Huta, directed by Paweł Passini.
- In 2009, his play Our Father aka The Last Such Father directed by Łukasz Witt-Michałowski was staged at the Centralny Theatre.
- 2009 at Teatr Polski in Bydgoszcz V (F) ICD-10. Transformations premiered, directed by Paweł Łysak.
- In 2009, in the "Reality Metamorphoses" Competition organized by the Polish Theatre in Poznań, he received the journalists' and audience's award for his play The Unfinished Story, which was staged twice - first at the Powszechny Theatre in Warsaw, directed by Piotr Cieplak; then at the New Theatre in Zabrze, directed by Ula Kijak.
- 2010, a play I'm not afraid of you anymore, Othello was staged by Scena Prapremier InVitro
- 2010 Go into the Night, Margot (adaptation of Michał Witkowski's novel) was staged by the Lublin-based Kompania Teatr, directed by Witold Mazurkiewicz.
- 2011 The fortunate death was produced on the InVitro Premiere Stage, directed by Łukasz Witt-Michałowski.
- 2011 The Battle for Nangar Khel - premiere at the Polish Theatre in Bielsko-Biała, dir. Łukasz Witt-Michałowski
- 2011 The Chevaliers, premiere at the Polish Theatre in Bydgoszcz, dir. Jan Klata.
- 2012 brought the triumphant return of The Jew - it was staged by Teatr Rampa in Warsaw by Witold Mazurkiewicz.
- 2012r. - Pałyga's play Citizen K. published Dialog (No. 9/12)
- 2013r. - The award-winning Morrison Son of Death is created
- 2013r. - the play Ashes accumulate in the centre of the Sun wins the Gdynia Drama Award
- 2013r. - commissioned by Teatr Polski in Bydgoszcz to create Stories of Bydgoszcz
- 2015r. - Publication of the play Morrison Śmiercisyn in: Icons, pseudo-heroes and common mortals. An anthology of the latest Polish drama (published by Agencja Dramatu i Teatru ADiT, Warsaw 2015).
2005 Bubble gum – a musical written for a local community centre in Bielsko-Biała, performer at the Bielskie Centrum Kultury (Bielsko Cultural Centre).
2006 Teodor Sixt’s Last Will and Testament - dir. Robert Talarczyk, Teatr Polski Bielsko-Biała. (The play won the competition for a play about Bielsko-Biała announced by Teatr Polski in Bielsko-Biała). In 2007. Teodor Sixt's Last Will and Testament was in the finals of the 13th Competition for the Staging of Polish Contemporary Art in 2007.
2006 Nic co ludzkie / Nothing human - triptych, dir. by Paweł Passini, Piotr Ratajczak and Łukasz Witt-Michałowski, Scena Prapremier "InVitro" Lublin. In the 14th National Competition of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage for the Exhibition of Polish Contemporary Art, Scena Prapremier "InVitro" received a distinction for the performance of Nothing Human.
2006 The Jew - directed by Robert Talarczyk, Teatr Polski Bielsko-Biała. The Jew won the main prize at the III Festival of Polish Contemporary Arts "R@port" in Gdynia
2008r. Wodzirej. Koszalin Kulturkampf - dir. Piotr Ratajczak, Baltic Dramatic Theatre.
2008r. Hamlet "44 - dir. Paweł Passini, the play was presented in the courtyard of the Warsaw Rising Museum
2009r. Tourists - dir. Piotr Ratajczak, H. Konieczki Teatr Polski Bydgoszcz
2009r. All kinds of death - directed by Paweł Passini, Łaźnia Nowa Huta Theatre. The main prize at the 4th "R@port" Polish Contemporary Art Festival in Gdynia
2009r. The last such father - directed by Łukasz Witt-Michałowski, Teatr Centralny Lublin. The main prize in the XV National Competition of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage for the Exhibition of Polish Contemporary Art.
2009 at Teatr Polski in Bydgoszcz V (F) ICD-10. Transformations - premiere dir. by Paweł Łysak.
2010r. I'm not afraid of you anymore, Othello - InVitro Premiere Scene
2010r. Go into the Night, Margot (adaptation of Michał Witkowski's novel) - Lublin Theatre Company, directed by Witold Mazurkiewicz
2011r. Fortunate death - InVitro Premier Scene, dir. Łukasz Witt-Michałowski
2011r. The Battle for Nangar Khel - premiere at the Polish Theatre in Bielsko-Biała, directed by Łukasz Witt-Michałowski
2011r. The Chevaliers, premiere at the Polish Theatre in Bydgoszcz, dir. Jan Klata
2012r. Unfinished Story - premiere at the Powszechny Theatre in Warsaw directed by Piotr Cieplak; followed by Ula Kijak at the New Theatre in Zabrze
2012 The triumphant return of the Jew - premiere at the Rampa Theatre in Warsaw by Witold Mazurkiewicz
2013r. 23 February premiere of the play Morrison Śmiercisyn directed by Paweł Passini, Opole Puppet and Actor Theatre (distinctions and awards for director and actors)
2013 Stories of Bydgoszcz, premiere: 25 October 2013, Hieronim Konieczka Polish Theatre, dir. Paweł Łysak